What is Pain?
Pain is our body’s alarm system. It alerts us to a problem with our body’s function. Only 10-15% of our nerves transmit pain signals, meaning the other 85% are responsible for function. Often pain is the last symptom to arise and the first to go away, so while it is an effective warning system, it is not a good indicator of overall health. But it interferes with daily life and makes everyday tasks feel impossible.
Pain management is a branch of medicine that focuses on relieving and managing pain, regardless of its cause. Pain can arise from various conditions, injuries, or medical procedures, and it can significantly affect a person’s quality of life. Pain management specialists are healthcare professionals trained to assess, diagnose, and treat different types of pain to improve patients’ overall well-being and functionality.
Pain management aims to reduce pain levels, improve physical and emotional functioning, and enhance the patient’s overall quality of life. It often involves a multidisciplinary approach, where healthcare professionals collaborate to address the various aspects of pain and its impact on the patient’s life.
How Our Pain Management Care Plan Works
1. Tell Your Story
When you arrive at our brand new, state-of-the-art facility, you’ll be greeted by two of the friendliest faces you’ve ever met. They will assist you with a simple intake form and escort you to one of our comfortable and elegant consultation suites. Then, your very own case manager will sit and listen to your story and document your areas of discomfort and loss. After your consultation is complete, the case manager will introduce you to all of our medical providers, who will individually perform an appropriate exam based on their experience and specialty and then determine what other additional testing, such as X-ray, MRI, CT or Diagnostic Ultrasound will need to be performed. Once completed, we will schedule your follow-up visit, typically within 24-48 hours.
2. Team Meeting
Between your Day 1 and your Day 2 visit, the medical, therapy, and chiropractic teams go into action. We pull together the clinical and intake data, the X-ray imaging, and the orthopedic and neurological testing results and determine a multidisciplinary approach diagnosis, utilizing over 50 years of healthcare experience. This enables every treatment team member to have a say in your unique condition, diagnosis, and purpose for why you want to be healthier. We can then produce a comprehensive and specialized treatment plan that will help you get better faster, address the cause of your painful condition, and effectively stay healthy to enjoy a future quality of life.
3. Accelerated Recovery Program
Our comprehensive program is designed to restore your quality of life efficiently and effectively. We may employ a variety of modalities to accomplish this goal including but not limited to Regenerative Medicine, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma), Lumbar and Cervical Spinal Decompression, Class 4 Laser Therapy, Radial Pressure Wave, Neurocure, NeuroMed, In-House Active Therapy, Spinal and Extremity Adjustments.
4. Quality & Quantity of Life
At Harbour Medical, our goal is to quickly remove your pain points, address and correct the underlying condition of those areas, and provide you with the simple tools to maintain, preserve, and protect the new and amazing level of function and well-being that translates into your ability to enjoy the moments that give your life purpose and joy.
Read Our Online Reviews
Chiropractic for Pain Management in Stuart, FL
The conventional approach to pain is to use pain medication or injections to relieve pain symptoms. While those strategies may be effective, they only offer temporary relief. Chiropractic care’s holistic approach identifies and addresses the underlying cause of a problem for long-lasting relief and prevention of future issues.
At Harbour Medical Center, we have multiple pain treatment options to pull from. The treatment plan we design is unique to you and the specific issues and goals you have for your health. There is no one-size-fits-all strategy. The goal is to use natural, non-invasive approaches to provide long-lasting relief, optimize your body’s function, and give you the freedom you deserve to live out your dreams.